Find Me on Etsy!

Monday, November 7, 2011

Day 7--Thankful for my Job

I come from a long line of farmers. From men and women who worked from sun up to sun down providing for their families through the strength of their bodies and will to survive. Both of my grandmas chose not to marry farmers, purposely I believe, but the stories remain. Some of my dad's fondest childhood memories was helping his grandpa DeVries on the family farm.



I don't know if I have a green thumb but I'm decent at keeping plants alive. My patio and balcony are filled with flowers. I love the beauty of the colors. The very colors that inspire my scrapbooking and knitting. Maybe one day the dream job of running a craft business will make itself into some kind of reality. In the meantime, I'm thankful to have a job  that I am good at, that pays my bills and keeps me challenged to improve.

2 comments:

  1. I was thinking this weekend, you can sell some of your knitted stuff on etsy one day. Maybe we can do the craft fair circuit one day. We can share a booth. :)

    ReplyDelete