Find Me on Etsy!

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Day 14--Thankful for the End of Monday ;0)

I love to sing. I'm not great but I can usually carry a tune fairly well. For New Year's Eve last year, I went out with friends downtown and for the first time, rang in the New Year in a club. They had karaoke but because it was to a live band, the song list was limited. The tune I felt most comfortable with from the list (of what wasn't already butchered, I mean, sung ;0) was "Manic Monday." The only catch was that the band had lost the words. I ended up googling the lyrics from my phone and while they were in about font size 4, I could still read them. Yes, I sang the words from my phone!


It was a lot of fun and I got nice feedback, but isn't that how Mondays are? Crazy, nothing goes as planned, pitch hitting just to get through the day? As I left work last Friday I realized that Monday was set up to be humdinger and there was nothing I could do but try to enjoy the weekend while it lasted. It fortunately wasn't as bad as it could have been but honestly, the most I could think to be thankful for this morning was that there would at least be an end to the day. Not particularly deep but it is what it is ;0)

No comments:

Post a Comment