Find Me on Etsy!

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Vista Fiber Arts Fiesta!

Last Saturday was a a beautiful, warm fall day in SoCal. I drove out to the Antique Steam Engine museum located in the next city over, Vista, to check out the local fiber arts fiesta.



First I checked out the museum pieces...


Because I am a nerd and I figured...when is the next time I'll be out this way? (Lol)



The museum even hosts a model train display (N track) which would have made the BF very happy had he come with me (alas, but he had to work). Talk about the perfect date--yarn and model trains together in one venue! I took pictures of the model display in progress for him...



Then made my way to the Fiesta...


It is a very small event...just enough to keep you busy looking for an hour or two but still a very lovely event...

Oh the beautiful yarn!! It was tempting but I managed not to buy anything to add to my stash....

That didn't keep me from touching all of the fibers to check them out. I knew that the fiesta was hosting a BYOSW (bring your own spinning wheel) for the diehard purists who spin their own yarn but I didn't realize it was BYOA (bring your own Alpaca)!

Aren't they cute?! I managed to not bring one of those home with me, either. I figure the cats are enough for the BF to deal with when he's over for a movie night. An Alpaca or two just might be too much. ;0) I also checked out some antique looms that they had up and running in part of the museum...

It was just a lovely fall morning and while it's warm now, November usually brings the start of cooler weather. On my way home after the event I stopped by the Garden Center at Home Depot and picked up some fall loveliness to replant some of my flower pots...


Now it's time to sit back and start knitting up a storm. Got to use up more of the stash so I can have an excuse to buy some more!

No comments:

Post a Comment