Find Me on Etsy!

Sunday, October 23, 2011

A Little Fall Fun!

After I finished my mitered coaster foursome in green, I was inspired to make a set for Halloween!


It was the idea for a Candy Corn mitered square that started the obsession.

'

The next challenge was making a pumpkin so that it didn't resemble a carrot! (LOL)


I then made a few more striped versions in Halloween colors that I bought for a Trick or Treat drawstrng pouch I have in the works (still need work on that Kitchener stitch!).



I have based it off a super cute idea I saw from Lion Brand (http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/90433AD.html?noImages=1&r=1 ) and will add the hand embroidery--and that's probably easier to do BEFORE I sew up the sides, note to self! I also just finished a super cute skeleton hat for my cousin's stepdaughter as a "big sister" gift. She's all into zombies and monsters, so I think she'll dig the skeletons!



Here is where I got it from: http://www.polarknitpatterns.com/Skull-Beanie-Worsted1.pdf. So, what do you think a good color combination would be for the next one I am going to make?


Happy Halloween, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment