Find Me on Etsy!

Monday, October 3, 2011

Viola! Embellished Pre-Made Cards

I really do other kinds of craft projects than just knitting! Admittedly, though, I've barely touched my card and scrapbook materials as of late...honestly, I've just been buying cards from the .99c section of Walmart and calling it good. It's the thought that counts, right? BUT I do enjoy embellishing pre-made cards from time to time and it's a great way to dig through my "stash" and remind myself of what I have!


I wanted to send some thank you notes to some girlfriends who helped me spruce up my resume for my current job search. I decided to 'throw in' a birthday card for the gal who is training to take my place at my current/soon-to-be old job just because it felt like the right thing to do. I mean, how many times does a gal turn 29?? Well, okay, she and I both have been spending quite a while at 29 but who is counting?!

I started with a gorgeous card that really didn't really NEED embellishing but who can say there's such a thing as too much bling?!?

I found some paper flowers I'd just picked up from Michael's...at 60% off, they were BEGGING to be bought!


I added some ribbon, re-purposed from some type of ribbon that was on a gift last Christmas and decided to add a tag with my greetings. I was feeling lazy about getting out my alphabet stamps so I found a Zig marker and put on my best cursive.


Short, sweet and GORGEOUS if I do say so myself!



Hope the recipients enjoy looking at them as much as I enjoyed creating them! Now it's back to the knitting needles!

No comments:

Post a Comment