Find Me on Etsy!

Saturday, December 8, 2012

Fat Cat Cooks...Hash Brown Scramble!

I've been on a cooking kick lately. 

I'm not a fan of cooking for just myself and getting tired of the same leftovers time and time again BUT it does save money to make your own meals. In the effort of making my own version of some of my regular meal out splurges, I've created a favorite "go to" meal-in-one-pan dish I refer to as Hash Brown Scramble. 
Originally I was trying to make a breakfast burrito but in all honesty, it doesn't need a tortilla. It's great just hot out of the pan. It's super easy and only takes a few ingredients.

A single serving consists of:
One small baked potato
Two strips of bacon (I use turkey bacon)
One egg
One tablespoon of milk
Shredded cheese 
Ketchup (optional)

Cut up the baked potato and the bacon into bite sized pieces. 
Fry in the pan, using the bacon grease to brown the potato.
When the bacon is close to being done, beat the egg and the milk and add mixture to pan.
When the egg is done cooking, turn off the heat and add cheese.
I add ketchup since I'm still not uber-crazy about the taste of egg. (::shrug::)


I'm hungry just looking at the picture. No really, it's dinner time and in all honesty, I think I'm going to go whip up a serving of Hash Brown Casserole! Yum!


No comments:

Post a Comment