Find Me on Etsy!

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

It's "Sew" FLUFFY!

I adore the movie Despicable Me. I love how Gru goes from this evil, hurting villain to a kind and doting father. I also love that it's about three sisters. The youngest, Agnes, cracks me up. I wonder why I can relate?! LOL My favorite scene is probably when Gru wins the big unicorn for Agnes at the amusement park. "It's so fluffy I'm gonna die!!!"


In all honesty, that is the expression is what I want to squeal when I make something uber-cute. Well, it may not be literally fluffy, but you get the point!

When I was growing up, the youngest of three little girls, we had good friends who lived just down the street and around the corner. So many of my childhood and school memories involve the Scott girls. We've kept in touch over the years, along with other girls that were in the girl scout troop my mom led for Karyn's class. While my sisters were having girls, the Scott girls were having boys. Then this past year, everything changed. Both of the Scott sisters had daughters and Karyn had a boy. No one saw that one coming!

One of the sisters had asked that if she had a girl, could I make a bonnet pattern I'd pinned on Pinterest. It was my joy to make matching bonnets for the girl cousins. My trusty sewing tutor was on hand to assist me. She and L had helped pick out the patterns/colors we used. They were feminine without being too cutesy. When we made them up, I almost shrilled with delight! So fluffy!!


Here's little Miss Rachel and her mama modeling one of the bonnets. I made her's a "3 to 6 month" size. I also made up some newborn sized bonnets on my own. So precious! Phat Cat was the unwilling model.


 And yes, even without the bonnet, he is quite "fluffy"...hee hee!

No comments:

Post a Comment