Find Me on Etsy!

Monday, September 19, 2011

Knitting for the Cure!




My LYS (local yarn store), Yarning for You, had a Knit for the Cure event! Those of you who know me KNOW how passionate I am about the Komen for the Cure Foundation. The 3 day is only 9 weeks away, I really need to get serious about my training. Eeks! But anyway...it was nice to put the walking shoes away and get down to some serious knitting...



We gathered together to knit items to donate for sale at the 5K and the 3 Day. We got 15% anything purchased that day and the emphasis was buying yarn to make a project to donate. It was hard but I made myself stick with what I brought. Oh, how easy it is to covet!





I love this store! The turn out was great, there were fun give aways and lots of laughter...and knitting!




I love to watch hands as they knit...and I loved seeing all of the creations that were in the process of being made.



My contribution was the hat on the right. :0) I hope to knit more by the 11/1/11 deadline but I also know that I HAVE to get into serious training mode here! A little less knitting, a little more walking. Oh, and I've still got some funds to raise for my 3 day walk...if you love pink and feel the urge, feel free to donate at the link below:

I walk in memory of my Great Aunt Ruth Marie. I walk in memory of my Aunt Jil. I walk so that in the future, my nieces do not have to walk for me. http://www.the3day.org/goto/jennkuyper2011

No comments:

Post a Comment