Find Me on Etsy!

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Con"Grad"ulations

My dear sweet friend, Alexandra, graduated from college this month! I'm so proud of her for her accomplishments. A good student and a talented artist, I made her a messenger bag to double as either a sketch book bag or a grad student book bag! It would also fit a laptop, should she feel so inclined.

I got the pattern and instructions from Mommy By Day. The exterior pieces have fusible webbing ironed onto them to help make the bag more sturdy. The materials are from a Home Decor line, which are already thick, so I had a number of layers to sew through in spots.

Alexandra was thoughtful enough to take a photo with it for me! Gorgeous as ever, she makes the bag look fabulous. Her future is bright, can't wait to see where she goes and what she does next!

No comments:

Post a Comment