Find Me on Etsy!

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Junk in the Trunk! Fair Isle Cup Cozy--Knitting Class #3

This week's class involved a simple Fair Isle pattern project.



I'm sure there are many ways to involve color and patterns in your knitting. This particular method involves the knitter carrying all of the working yarn strands with them as they knit. Wow, talk about a bulky back side, that pattern's got some junk in the trunk!




The class was great as always. We practiced reading from a pattern, which was great, and I zipped along with it pretty quickly. I went ahead and sewed mine up after I finished it at home and...viola! Of course, it looks just like a wrist band unless it's on a cup so here's the finished product modeled by my drinking glass.


I chose the colors from the personal project the teacher is having us do for our last class at the end of this month. I wanted to pick a project that incorporated skills learned in the class and this scarf has LOTS of cables. Plus, it's just gorgeous!



I'm a little intimidated by the pattern but I'm going to start it this weekend. Wish me luck and I'll keep you posted on how it is going.

No comments:

Post a Comment